Monday, July 14, 2014

WBT Spotfires in Australia


I can't believe it has been so long since I visited and added to this blog. Where does time go? Today I promised some very special teachers that I would post a new blog entry. Here goes the latest update on WBT in Australia.

WBT spotfires spreading in Australia

My daughter told me a story about a very early morning drive down the highway to Brisbane. On the way past the pine forests she noticed many spotfires burning the undergrowth and the glow was lighting up the trees above. Being a visual learner, I created my own picture of what this must have looked like. She told me that it looked beautiful. 

This story reminds me of all the beautiful spot fires that are being lit by Australian Teachers for Whole Brain Teaching. Last week my Mentor Nancy Stoltenberg and I had a blitz on growing' likes' for the Whole Brain Teaching Australian Certification FB page. The number one goal was to reach 100 'likes'.  We are currently up to 92 'likes'. SO CLOSE! Each 'like' represents a spotfire for Whole Brain Teaching. 

Looking at the 'likes' it is easy to see that some teachers across Queensland and New South Wales have discovered Whole Brain Teaching and are loving it. I also know that there are teachers in Victoria and Western Australia using it as well. 

Today I had the opportunity to share an Introduction to WBT workshop with about 30 teachers, who are attending the Christian Schools Conference in Queensland. Everyone participated with great enthusiasm and the questions asked were really worthwhile and helpful to the whole group. Everyone left with new understanding and very practical strategies to take back to their schools. My hope and dream is that each one of these lovely teachers will go back to their school and start another WBT spotfire.

Finally some special news is that we now have two teachers from Australia who are participating in the WBT Intern program for 2014/15. Whole  Brain Teaching is definitely burning bright in Australia. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Enjoying your blog - and proud to be the other half of the Aussie WBT Intern team!! Oh yeah!! :-)

    ReplyDelete